Thursday, January 30, 2014

Year in Review: 2013 Part 2

1. What was the best song of 2013?
I think the best song of 2013 is  Get Lucky by Daft Punk. I chose this song as the number one because it was very catchy, and had "nailed the all-too-human pop emotion" that Daft Punk had been trying to make. I feel like it was the best of 2013 because it almost seemed new every time I listened to it, while other songs lost their "fresh vibe" after a few times on the radio.

2. What was the best movie of 2013?
In my opinion the best movie of 2013 would have to be Elysium. I liked this movie a lot, as it seemed to betray some norms of the good guy saving the day. I chose it as the number one because I felt like this was a very interesting movie, and it didn't leave me thinking about how the ending could have changed to be better.

3. What was the most important news story of 2013?
I believe one of the most important news stories of last year was the new pope, taking the papal name of Pope Francis. This seemed to be the most important not entirely because his predecessor had resigned, but because of what the new pope would come to do. During his papacy he went on to do many things which few other popes have ever done.

4. Who was the most important person of 2013?
Elon Musk was very important to our society because of his pioneering in technology. I think he should be number one because of his propensity for newer, greener technology. For instance, in 2013 his company Tesla Motors helped to make the Tesla Model S which is a car which runs entirely on electricity.

5. What was the biggest entertainment story of 2013?
The biggest entertainment story of 2013, in my opinion, has to be the war in Syria. The spotlight was on the Syria for a while but then left, returning only to see the deaths of many and the use of biochemical weapons. Although this seems gruesome, it is a reality we must deal with as a people. This made my number one because of I believe more attention needs to go to it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment