Monday, November 25, 2013

Great Black and White photos Part 3

1.What first caught my eye was the way the photographer captured the landscape. The absence of color added a new dimension to the abstract aspects of the landscape. I particularly liked the way the photographer took simple pictures that captured many things.

2.
"Rocks and Pebbles" taken in 1948
I see the image of a thousand suns reflecting back at me as I look into the sand. I see the smoothness of some rocks and the rough, jagged shells of others. It looks very peaceful with only sand and rocks in view.
I feel each grain of warm sand touch my feet. I stand in one place causing uneven weight distribution - I start to sink into the sand inch by inch. The sun glares at my back, the sand envelopes me slowly, just like the immovable minerals present.
I hear the sound of the sand flowing, almost like liquid, to make way for the rocks. I can hear the sound of the wind streak across the land, and buffer my face. I hear the landscape's silence.
I taste the dryness of the air in my mouth. The sand intrudes and makes my mouth taste gritty. I can taste the hot air as I breath in. I take a breath and I can taste the environment around me.
I smell the hot sand, and the disintegration of plants, animals, and rocks. I smell the heat everything around me, even my own skin.  I smell the land and the heat. I smell my skin burning from the sun's rays.
"Point Lobos" taken in 1946
I feel the wind from the sea buffering me,
I see beautiful fields of flowers covering the sides of the hills. I see the ocean merging with the land.
I hear the waves crashing against the rocks. I hear the seals and gulls moving about in the cove and the inlets.
I taste the salt in my mouth. It almost feels like I can taste the fish as well.
I smell the salty air lingering in the area. I smell the seaweed mixed with the smell of flowers.
3. Anything! Murals, projects, photo collaborations, or even posting our pictures to the school website, or all around the school itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment